If you think someone you know has been discriminated against, there are lots of ways in which you can help them. 

Understanding the behaviours associated with discrimination is a good place to start. Most people will be able to describe what has or is happening to them and how it's making them feel. 

What can you do?


Listen and Talk
  • Listen. Just taking the time to listen to someone and talk about what has happened can help. 
  • Give options. If someone you know has been affected, you can encourage them report an incident either anonymously or with their contact details. Alternatively, you can report anonymously yourself, which will allow us to investigate if there are multiple instances in one area.

Mental Health and Wellbeing Support
  • Students. Royal College of Music Students can get in touch with Student Services to find out more about support available, including free Counselling support. 
  • Staff. Royal College of Music staff can access free, confidential, professional help from our Employee Assistance Provider, CiC Confidential Care, 24 hours per day. 
  • Togetherall – online support. All students and staff can access Togetherall for free - a 24/7 online service that provides advice and support for those dealing with low mood, anxiety and other mental health issues.
  • Mental Health First Aiders. All staff and students can arrange to speak to one of our trained Mental Health First Aiders.   
  • Take care of yourself too. It’s important that you take care of yourself and talk to someone if you need to.
  • Find out more about support for Mental Health and Wellbeing.

There are two ways you can tell us what happened